ACE Labor Day
August 29 - September 3, 2019
LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE!
Deadline to book: July 1, 2019
Trip Style: Cultural
Well, looks like Trump is at it again and it's becoming more difficult to travel to Cuba again, but fear not travelers, this trip is still good to go! Cuba is definitely a place you want to go with someone knowledgeable about the country if you haven't been before, and this group trip has a curated itinerary that specifically highlights the African influence on Cuba's identity. Experience full cultural immersion as we enjoy 4 days / 3 nights in traditional Cuban accommodations, touring sites in and around Havana.
Save $20 plus get a FREE Black Travel Club collectors t-shirt by booking through The Black Travel Club!
Thursday, August 29, 2019
- Arrival: House check-in, money conversion etc.
- 6pm-7pm: Vintage car ride around Havana city sights
- 7:00pm – 10:00pm: Welcome Dinner
Friday, August 30, 2019
Breakfast and lunch included
- Breakfast in casa at 8:30am
- Pick-up at 9:00am
- 9:00am - 11:00am: Old Havana plazas tour, stopping at notable AfroCuban sites, includes historical and contemporary urban segregation, colonial wall, history of slavery and emancipation in Cuba
- 11:15am-12:00pm: Yoruba Association Museum to learn about the principle tenets of the Yoruba spirituality and the African Orishas
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm: Tambor Presentation – Presentation of the Yoruba drums
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm: Lunch at secret paladar with chat on pre and post Revolution Cuba with community member
- 4:00pm-5:00pm: San Jose artisan market for souvenir shopping
- Drop-off at 5:00pm
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm: Optional salsa dancing workshop
- Night Suggestion: Casa del Son
Saturday, August 31, 2019
- Breakfast in casa at 8am
- Pick-up at 8:30am
- 10:00am-10:30am: Stop at highest bridge in Cuba
- 11am-12pm: Route of the Enslaved Museum
- 1pm-5pm: Varadero Beach
- Drop-off at 7:30pm
- Night Suggestion: Fabrica de Arte and 1830
Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Breakfast in casa at 9:30am
- Pick-up at 10:00am
- 10:30am- 11:00am: Fusterlandia to view the ceramic artwork of Jose Fuster in the town of Jaimanitas
- 11:30am – 12:30pm: Revolution Museum
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm: Callejon de Hamel rumba
- Drop-off at 2:00pm
- Night Suggestion: Block Party in El Cerro (TBD)
Monday, September 2, 2019
- The day is yours to spend as you wish.
- Option to go to Viñales ($85CUC pp)
- Site suggestions:
- Callejon de Hamel: Hospital & Arambaru
- El Floridita Bar: Calle Obispo
- La Bodeguita del Medio: Empedrado btwn San Ignacio & Cuba
- Rum Museum: Avenida del Puerto & Sol
- Pabellon Havana & Market: 23rd btwn M & N
- Pick-up at 8:30pm for farewell dinner
- 9pm-10pm (Location TBD)
- Night Suggestion: Casa de la Musica
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Cost per person:
Pay Today: $1,680
Payment Plan: $1,730 + fees ($155 Deposit + 2 equal payments)
Pay Today: $1,580
Payment Plan: $1,630 + fees ($145 Deposit + 2 equal payments)
Flight included (from DC, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, and NYC). Need to get a flight to one of those cities? Click Here to find the lowest prices.
FINAL PAYMENTS DUE BY JULY 1, 2019. Payment plans include a 6% fee. Late payments incur a $50 fee.
- Roundtrip flight from select cities
- meals where noted
- airport transfers (flight must arrive and depart within pick-up windows)
- full itinerary, entrance fees and guide.
What’s not included?
- Cuban visa (can be purchased upon flight check-in)
- baggage fees
- snacks and meals not listed
- alcoholic beverages.
Double occupancy, local casa particular or independent apartment accommodations in Central, Old Havana or El Vedado.
Please read carefully and thoroughly before booking. By booking, you agree to the terms.
Dinner is only included on the first tour day. Suggested activities are recommendations and are not included in tour itinerary or cost. Transportation to and from activities outside of tour hours is the responsibility of tour participant. Tour ends at designated time on the itinerary with drop-off at casa. Any individual activities must be done outside of tour hours.
We provide airport transfer and transportation and entrance fees to all listed tour activities. Transportation may be modern car or vintage car. Not all vehicles come equipped with air-conditioning. Participants agree to be prompt for pick-up as this is important to the itinerary. There will be a grace period of 15 minutes for participant and service provider.
Order of activity hours is subject to change based on efficiency. Any changes after deposit, to flight or itinerary, including accommodations and activities, are at participant’s expense. Activities may not be substituted for another after deposit is made. Credit card payments incur a 3% fee.
Deposits are non-refundable after the 24-hour penalty-free cancellation window.
- Bring toilet paper
- Carefully count your change after making purchases
- Budget at least $100+ USD per day for personal expenses
- There are two currencies in Cuba. The Convertible Cuban Peso is 24 times more than “Moneda Nacional (MN)” ie- $1 CUC = 24 MN Ensure your change is in CUC and NOT Moneda Nacional
- Remain aware and vigilant of your surroundings and your personal belongings, souvenirs etc.
- Keep your passport at your casa
- Cigar purchases are at your own risk
- Use your own best judgment when making friends on the ground outside of tour hours